The Oratorium Marianum, together with the Aula Leopoldina, is one of grand halls of the university of Wrocław, built by the Jesuit in 1728-1741.
The frescoes and decorations of the hall, as well as the coulourful marble and gildings make this magnificent baroque hall unparalleled. The paintings on the five ceiling frescoes, the gallery, the lunettes and cartridge of the reveals were made by Johann Christoph Handke in 1733. The grand oratorium was almost completely destroyed during the Second World War, but reconstruction of the wall paintings and plasterings was initiated in 1985 until it was finally completed in 2015.
How to find the Oratorium Marianum in Wrocław:
Adresse: plac Uniwersytecki 1, Wrocław, Polen