• Erdmannsdorf_Venue_1_UK

Mysłakowice

Today the Catholic parish church of the Sacred Heart of Jesus (Kościół pw. Najświętszego Serca Pana Jezusa), is on the edge of the manor house garden of Mysłakowice/Erdmannsdorf, nowadays a district of Hirschberg/Jelenia Góra. The church, designed as a castle church for the summer residence of the Prussian kings by Karl Friedrich Schinkel, was built between 1836 and 1838.

Furthermore it was the Protestant parish church for religious refugees from the Zillertal that fled to the Jelenia Góra Valley. During the reconstruction 1858, a portico with excavated ancient Roman columns from Pompeii was added to the entrance. These had been given to Friedrich Wilhelm III. by Joseph Bonaparte, temporarily King of Naples. The organ was constructed 1840 by the organ builder Carl Ferdinand Buckow from the Jelenia Góra Valley. The “Festival Dell’ Arte in the Valley of Palaces and Gardens” and the Catholic parish church are hosting the guest appearance of Krzyżowa-Music in this beautiful and remarkable place of worship.

 


How to find the Church in Mysłakowice:

Address: Kościół Rzymskokatolicki Najświętszego Serca Pana Jezusa, 1 Maja 15, 58-533 Mysłakowice, Poland

CMN_JAVASCRIPT